Saturday, January 8, 2011

Inspired by Ditte Isager...

I had been trying to decide on a color to paint the walls
in our new shop-space — then I became completely
inspired by this home found on photographer
Ditte Isager's site. After some searching, I think
I found a very close color match in
Pratt & Lambert's Genteel Gray.
There is something so fresh about the addition of
pale blush, lilac, and teal. I also love how that chandelier
is totally showing off in every single photo.
Our floors will be a bit darker. The matte stain we're using is a
cross somewhere between aged oak and walnut called Whistler's.
Here the moody charcoal seeps in and creates
the contrast and drama. There is so much to admire
in this home and Isager managed to capture each detail.

4 comments:

  1. What fantastic rooms ! and Things !
    I am saving this .. we are contemplating another move and I am already saving ideas for the decorating of a new home.
    This would work in a new or old space , I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find that color on the P&L website. Any ideas? Always in search of good grays. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The # for Pratt & Lambert's Genteel Gray is 33-12 (Gris Distingue)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi James,
    I just discovered your blog recently and featured you in a recent post and have added you to the blogroll at Decorology. Best!
    http://decorology.blogspot.com/2011/02/gorgeous-images-from-my-favorite-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete